Experience the wonders of Colorado’s four seasons: wildflowers, abundant sunshine, the changing aspen leaves, and fresh powder snow.
Colorado has four distinct seasons, and each has many wonderful things to see or do! In spring, hike among the fields of wildflowers. Enjoy the summer sunshine by rafting, biking, hiking, and just being outside! In fall the aspen leaves turn into beautiful oranges, reds, and yellows. Winter brings light, fluffy powder to play in. Remember to be prepared for every season and know before you go. Check weather reports, bring proper gear and a responsible adult for endless fun in Colorado seasons.
- Spring: The weather is unpredictable in the spring, but once the flowers start blooming you are in for a real treat. Check out these links to find the best places for wildflower viewing.
- Summer: There are endless possibilities for fun in the summer! You can hike, bike, paddle board, raft, swim, climb, kayak, canoe and much more! Check out these links below for some helpful hints.
- Fall: Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons in Colorado. Full mountainsides turn luminous shades of orange, yellow, and red. Click below to find the best hikes and scenic drives for autumn color viewing around Colorado.
- Winter: Colorado is known for its winter activities – and there are plenty of places all around the state to enjoy the snow! You can ski, or snowshoe. Check out these links below to help you decide how to get outside and play!
What To Bring
Whatever the season, know before you go. Check weather reports and always bring:
- Water bottle (filled with water)
- Proper Shoes
- Warm clothes
- A Friend!
- Sketch a Scene from the Top of a Mountain or draw an animal friend: making nature art can be really fun, next time you are outside bring some colors and paper and draw what you see. If you draw a critter, submit your artwork to this contest to win cool prizes! http://www.get-to-know.org/
- Play a game: Hide-and-seek is a great game to play after dinner in the summer.
- Make a Pressed Leaf Book: http://www.ehow.com/how_4491926_make-autumn-leaf-bookmark.html
- Go ice fishing or skating: The same place you swim or fish in the summer becomes a place to ice fish or skate in the winter.