Camp Under The Stars.
Colorado is a one of the best places to learn how to camp and sleep out under the stars! You can campout in your own backyard or travel to your nearest national forest, national park, or state park to camp. While camping, you can hike, bike, fish, eat smore’s, or look at stars. Sometimes when camping, it is fun to have a campfire. Make sure before you make a campfire that there is a responsible adult with you who knows how to properly make a fire and put a fire out. Remind them to check local fire restrictions and never leave a campfire unattended. Following these steps will make your camping experience a lot of fun and safe for you and others who may want to use the parks and forests!
- Pick a place to camp and ask your parents to make a reservation at a campsite if necessary. To do that go to: http://www.reserveamerica.com/ or http://www.recreation.gov/ or just camp in your own backyard.
- Make sure to check the weather at http://www.weather.com/ before you go to make sure the weather will be nice, or if you need to bring extra layers
- Make a check list of items you need to bring (see below)
What To Bring
- Camping gear bag with plenty of warm clothes
- Mess kit
- Sleeping gear & tent
- Favorite outdoor toy/game